Friday, February 15, 2008

An Open Letter to Super Delegates

I wanted to share some thoughts about my family and why I believe Barack Obama should be the next president of our great nation.

I have four children, two of which are special needs. My youngest boy has full blown autism and my oldest boy has Asperger's syndrome. Because of their special needs my wife homeschools our children and tends to the various therapies that are required.

What is most disheartening to me is that I have a great job but we just can't seem to make it on one income. These therapies are expensive and the cost of my premiums for health insurance go up each year. So I worry about this all the time.

I also worry about my boys someday having to fight in Iraq because we can't come together as a nation and get out in a responsible way.

I know that the candidates are not too far on the technical details of their proposals but what I see in Barack is real chance to unite this country. We need to get past the politics of the past and really pull together. We need to stop the sniping and petty bickering for political points. I am confident in one thing. If Hillary wins there will be a continuation of the that type of politics.

In the 90's I was so happy to have a democrat in the White House I did not care about these things. Now, I see a real chance to doing something even better. That can only happen with Barack Obama as President.

Please seriously consider supporting him at the convention or sooner. Let's get the party together and get started with some real change for a change.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

James C
Derby, KS

No comments: