Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Why is McCain NOT Doing Right for Vets?


How is it possible that a former POW has such a terrible record on supporting veterans?

It seems that the media is not exploring McCain's record on supporting vets. They just ASSUME a veteran would be for other veterans but a closer look reveals a pretty terrible record.

Although I have heard McCain claim that he has earned a perfect score from veteran organizations like the VFW, it turns out to be a lie.

Obama, I was surprised to learn, actually has a better record then McCain!

It is telling that McCain did NOT support the recent Jim Webb GI Bill until he was forced to when his political hand was called.

I am sure that many soldiers on their 4th or 5th tour, with no end in sight and their families struggling, may be surprised by this but my guess is that most will not. They are probably watching this stuff more closely than me.

No comments: